Volunteering at CLSC René-Cassin
5800 Cavendish Boulevard
Côte Saint-Luc, Québec H4W 2T5
- Recreation: Volunteers can facilitate programs and activities on a weekly basis based on their skill level and interest. Program areas include: arts and crafts, discussion groups, exercise programs, trivia and social games, performing arts and music. Clients from the community with varying levels of cognitive and/or physical impairment attend the drop in centre.
- Homecare Support Services are provided to seniors living in Côte St-Luc, Hampstead, and Snowdon West. Volunteer services include weekly visits, assistance with grocery shopping, meal preparation, exercise walks and outings. English, French or third language is needed.
- Palliative Care Support Services are provided for clients living in Côte St-Luc, Hampstead, and Snowdon West. Volunteers provide weekly visits, assist with errands and groceries, social activities, meal preparation, exercise walks and outings. The CLSC offers mandatory training workshops. English, French or third language is needed.
- Homecare Transport Services are provided to seniors living in Côte St-Luc, Hampstead, and Snowdon West. Volunteer drivers offer a pick up and drop off service for medical appointments at local health institutions and to surrounding areas. Volunteers can offer one way transport.
- Blood Clinic: Volunteers assist the nurses with welcoming and preparing clients waiting to have their blood drawn. They also help with clerical tasks. The volunteers need to be bilingual and available for morning shifts from 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
- Flu Clinic: Volunteers greet and direct clients who come for their flu shots at the CLSC René-Cassin or in local community settings. The flu clinics are held from November to January.
- Administrative Work: Volunteers help with the operation of the volunteer office. They assist with office tasks such as data entry, file management, phone calls, and mailings. Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel is a prerequisite. Other assignments can include coordination of special projects, volunteer meetings, training, fundraising, volunteer recruitment and screening.
Anna Maria Malorni
514-484-7878, extension 1351